Writer and Copy Editor
Submit Your Resume
Serves as a writer and copy editor for In Touch Ministries. Understands Dr. Stanley’s worldview and ensures it is present as applicable. Must be comfortable writing and editing short- and long-form partner initiatives as well as various marketing & promotional materials for print and digital.
3-5 years of writing/editing experience in advertising/marketing or ministry fields with a Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or a writing-related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write advertising headlines and body copy to promote In Touch products and materials; copy for online store and on-package descriptions; and additional promotional and marketing opportunities as they arise.
- Write copy for regularly-scheduled and special event Development mailings and web pieces.
- Edit copy produced by Content Services for grammar, style, and clarity.
- Mark copy using standardized code to indicate copy corrections.
- Consult with the AP Stylebook and In Touch Ministries Writer’s Style Guide.
- Participate in editing copy from other teams and sources, as needed.
- Verify facts, data, dates, and statistics for accuracy (fact checking).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive, collaborative team spirit; able to honor group commitments to goals and objectives; adaptable to change in work environment
- General Communication Skills – Must communicate clearly and respectfully within and between teams working towards common goals and initiatives; strongly motivated self-starter; able to multi-task on projects touching multiple internal departments and external audiences
- Written Communication Skills – Must write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; use multiple style manuals to maintain consistency within projects; read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving & Organization – Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; able to gather and analyze information skillfully; able to prioritize effectively; able to meet productivity standards and complete work in an efficient and timely manner
- All employees are to exhibit spiritual maturity working as part of In Touch Ministries team
- Must be detail oriented, must display original thinking and creativity
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Word, Excel, and working knowledge of InDesign
- Understanding of editing and managing content for web
- Must have highly proficient grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation
In Touch Ministries is an Evangelistic Christian Ministry
To apply, please submit your updated resume AND a cover letter to include your testimony to: email@example.com.
Specify the position you are applying for in the subject field.