Permission To Print
We are honored that you would like to use material from Dr. Charles Stanley and In Touch Ministries for your own ministry use. While we would like to grant permission to each request that we receive, we must stay within the law and Ministry guidelines when granting reprint permissions.
We are providing this guide in order to save time and to provide explanation for some of the guidelines. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Permissions In Touch can never grant, along with tips or alternatives:
1. In Touch Devotionals (Early Light) from the In Touch Magazine—these devotionals are derived from Dr. Stanley's sermons and contain principles from Dr. Stanley's books. Therefore, because of copyright infringement concerns with the book publisher, we cannot grant permission to reprint the magazine devotionals.
- You can always direct people to links of the devotionals through e-mail or on a Web site by copying the URL or link on that page. As a matter of fact, we encourage this behavior. Please remember that our mission statement is to lead people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to strengthen the local church and if you feel that a devotional will help someone, please send the link to them.
- Another option is to direct others to sign up for the In Touch Magazine. It is free—whether in print, online, or the daily devotional podcasts. Here's the link to sign up for our free magazine.
2. Quotes from Dr. Stanley's books—we do not hold the copyright permission to Dr. Stanley's books. Once a book is published, you must contact the publisher to obtain permission. Here is the contact info for the publisher of most books by Dr. Stanley:
Thomas Nelson, Inc.
PO Box 141000
Nashville, TN 37214
Phone: 615-889-9000 or 1-800-251-4000
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm Central Time
Web Site: http://www.thomasnelson.com
A Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Web Site: http://www.simonandschuster.com
3. Copy/Duplicate CDs, cassettes, videos, or DVDs—federal laws prohibit the unauthorized duplication of copyrighted material.
You can listen to or watch many of our broadcasts on our website archives.
You may contact In Touch about buying large quantities of merchandise at a reduced rate.
4. Graphics or pictures from the In Touch Magazine—In Touch's policy does not allow any grants of permission to use these graphics or pictures.
5. We cannot grant permission for you to use something from In Touch that will be or is presently used in an In Touch product.
6. We cannot grant non-specific requests. If you contact us, please be specific in what you want to reproduce.
7. Sermon Notes. You can now download as many Sermon Notes as you want to print and distribute for noncommercial uses free of charge (as discussed below). You can also direct people to our website so they may print their own. Because of this, there is no reason to ask for permission to reprint the Sermon Notes.
What copyright permission does In Touch grant?
In Touch can grant permission for churches and individuals to use certain articles from the magazine that were written by authors other than Dr. Stanley. However, please contact us (see below) to ask for permission.
You do not need permission to use your personal notes from Dr. Stanley's sermons. We encourage you to utilize what the Lord uses in your life to lead others into a growing relationship with Jesus.
You do not need permission to make one personal copy of a cassette or CD. It has to be for personal use and cannot be sold.
If you want to use a specific sermon cassette or CD for a Bible study or similar program, we sometimes offer them to you at a reduced rate. Please contact us (see below) for information.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, all materials that In Touch grants permission to reprint, and all materials authorized for printing on the website (such as Sermon Notes), are and shall remain the copyrighted property of In Touch Ministries. Unauthorized use is prohibited. Any authorized use of the material must be for noncommercial use, must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices, must not be modified in any way, and must not be used in such a way as indicates or implies an association of the user with In Touch.
How do I contact you to ask for permission?
You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Permissions, P.O. Box 7900, Atlanta, GA 30357 to ask for permission. Please remember to include your specific request (such as magazine month and year).
Please allow at least 10 business days for an answer.
Thank you for your understanding in these matters. We take great measures to leave an incredible amount of free material on our website archives and offer our magazine and many other items free to anyone who wants them. We do this to help lead you into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We ask that you honor our guidelines that are set up to protect the Ministry.